I wanted to be a gumball machine and didn’t like the options for anything homemade. I didn’t want to spend a whole lot of money so obviously wasn’t going to buy something from a Halloween store.
1. I went ahead and bought a bra from Forever 21 because its cheap. I spend about eight dollars on that.
2. Then went to Wal-Mart and bought a bag of gum balls, they didn’t have the big ones you find in gum ball machines but they were a medium size. These were about two dollars.
3. I cut them in half. This was a little scary because I didn’t have a very efficient way of cutting them. I used a knife stabbed a hole through the top and then cut through it the rest of the way.
4. I used a hot glue gun to glue the halved gum balls to the bra.
5. I didn’t like how the bra obviously looked so much like a bra so I bought rainbow colored ribbons and fed them through the eyelet above the cup and then all the way to the back and tied them to the back eyelet, leaving a tail to hang down. The ribbon was super cheap, about 50 cents each.
6. For the skirt I didn’t have the option of sewing so I went and bought a poodle skirt type thing from a Salvation Army store. I took out the stitching out from the poodle leash and cut off the bottom that had the poodle on it.
7. I needed to add something that said 25 cents so I went a bought black and grey iron on patches. I cut out a 2, a 5 and a cent sign and ironed it on the top then cut out a half oval for the part where the gum balls come out.
8. Then I put a ribbon around my waist and one in my hair as a headband to top off the costume.
Hope you enjoy! I had a lot of fun making this costume and soooo much fun wearing it! Everyone thought it was a clever idea and loved how I did it.