My wife and I love the movie UP. We had our little girl a few months ago, and we wanted to make her first Halloween very special. So while my wife and I dressed up as the main characters, we wanted our daughter to go as a Baby Snipe. This is how we did it:
- Buy Cookie Monster outfit online (smallest size I could find was 6 months).
- Cut the eyes off of Cookie Monster (morbid).
- Cut foam to the shape of a beak and eyes (easier said than done).
- Use a hot glue gun to wrap the foam in the colors you want for the Baby Snipe.
- Using diluted acrylic paint, fade the beak colors from yellow to red and paint the eyes.
- Using a pipe cleaner and a fake peacock feather, attach the feather to the top of the head.
- Use blue acrylic paint to make the Cookie Monster from teal to royal blue (closer to the Baby Snipe color).
- Buy a bunch of colored feathers and glue them to the Cookie Monster body.
- Insert baby
- Totally optional, but we also made little booties of marbled grey felt to look like bird’s feet.
The responses we got were incredible and a couple of people asked us if they could buy the costume! We had a great time and our little girl enjoyed the attention.