I saw a similar costume years ago. I wanted to be evil this year and there is no better than Dr Octopus. I went to a Halloween Party and there was a line to have pictures taken with me, this went on all night long . It was a great night. All night I was told it was the best they have seen. No one asked who I was, they all knew right away.
Items I use to make this costume:
- Old trench coat
- Drainage pipe for the arms
- PVC pipe inside the drainage pipe to keep the shape
- Sliver spray paint
- 2inch foam for the claws
- Some wood and a metal plate to attach the PVC to a hiking backpack.
- welding goggles.
- LED lamps in center of claws
- Old spiderman costume stuffed