- Red Fabric
- Blue Fabric
- White paint
- Sewing Materials
How to make the American flag costume:
1. Get red fabric the length of your arms that is double layered.
2. Measure the width of the widest part of your body and your arm length. You may also need to measure your biceps.
3. Fold the fabric in half with the length of your arms facing the sky.
4. Sew a seam below each of your arms leaving space in-between the seams for your body. Sew a vertical seem to outline the widest part of your body (this makes a tube shape)
5. Glue or sew a blue square on the right side of the dress.
6. Paint on the stars and stripes. (Make sure to put cardboard under the dress and where your body and arms will be to avoid a big mess)
I wore this for Patriot day at my school and for Halloween. It took a while to sew but was definitely worth it!