For this Shotgun Sally costume and Makeup you’ll need:
- Black Nylon
- spirit gum
- Eyelash Glue
- Liquid Latex
- Ben Nye Nose and scar wax
- Ben Nye Stage Blood
- Ben Nye Thick Blood
- Charchoal powder (or loose black eyeshadow)
- Castor sealer
- Hair dryer
- Setting powder
- Barrier spray
Steps for Making the Costume
First things first, protect your eyebrow!!!
- Put a layer of spirit gum over your eyebrow, be sure to put it on the sides of your brow too!
- Tap with finger until texture of spirit gum is “tacky”
- Apply Ben Nye Nose and Scar wax, over top of your eye brow using the bottom of a makeup brush
- Apply in the direction of hair growth, NOT AGAINST!
- Scar wax can be sticky so dip the bottom of the makeup brush in Vaseline before smoothing out wax.
- Cut a piece of Black Nylon into a circle, about an inch bigger than your eye (like an eye patch)
- Glue over top of eye using eye lash glue
- Add a layer of liquid latex on edges of nylon (BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET LATEX IN YOUR EYE! IT IS VERY PAINFUL )
- Add tissue paper around eye (over top of the latex)
- Add another layer of latex (keep layering until satisfied.. you want it to look like theres a hole in your face so the more layers the better!)
- Blow dry on cool to speed up drying process
- Add a layer of castor sealer over top of latex
- Once dry, add some setting powder
- Add charchoal powder to the edges of the wound (to make it look deeper)
- Using sponge, add Ben Nye thick blood on and around wound
- Add Ben Nye stage blood (I like to spray it on with a spray bottle to give it that “dripping” fresh blood effect)
- Add barrier spray for a waterproof finish
This look took me about 20-30 min to create :)